Here we share an interview we carried out with Ean Davies and Simon Bradbury of Appleyard Lees, European Patent and Trademark attorneys.
This interview is intended to be a ‘primer’ for those considering patents as it covers the basics around:
- what rights do patents offer?
- how do you apply for a patent?
- what is the process for a patent being granted?
- strategies for protecting intellectual property?
- how you might benefit for funding for your patent?
- common errors and where a patent might not be appropriate
We hope you enjoy it and please leave comments or questions – we may be able to cover in future sessions…